Authority and Responsibility
- Provide a technical/design engineering service on projects, as directed by the Director on such things as; Hot and Cold Water, Sanitary Waste and plumbing, trade waste, gas reticulation, potable water systems, and similar.
- Work on a broad range of projects including but not limited to residential industrial, aged care, commercial developments, and similar developments.
- Support management as requested
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
Manager Building Services
- Queensland Building Services Authority (QBSA) Licence or the future ability to obtain
- White Card (Site Safety Induction)
Required Capability and Experience
- Clear understanding of legislation, regulations and local laws, which apply to company objectives
- Knowledge of contract, tender and specification documentation;
- Effectiveness in identifying and analysing problems
- Effective Oral Communications: Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in writing, in good grammatical form and in such a way as to be clearly understood.
- Willingness to participate as a full member of a team of which he/she is not necessarily leader
- Knowledge of appropriate Workplace Health and Safety Practices.
Ongoing Training and Study Requirements
- Continue reading of technical and industry reference materials
- Attendance of industry conferences and seminars
- Upgrade and renew licences and qualifications as necessary
- Refer industry body requirements
- Identify and eliminate inefficiencies and areas of non- compliance that might put the business at risk
- Undertake detailed design
- Prepare technical schedules
- Work closely with Technical staff and as far as possible ensure project work is carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Under guidance of senior staff, represent the company at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.
- Ensuring all relevant staff are informed of client matters.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and the companies best interests and that our policy is in keeping with current legislation, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice etc.