Juers Street, Kingston
Address: 29 & 31 Juers Street, Kingston (Brisbane – A1)
Client: KBC Builders
Work Category: New Facility
Services Activity: Civil Engineering
Commission Type: Design, Documentation & Construction Services
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
Townhouse development consisting of 2 new dwellings and 2 existing character houses.
Low-rise residential development of approximately 76 townhouses, set on a site area of 9452m².
Logan City Council has a no Build Over Sewer policy; therefore BG Civil worked closely with the Architect to develop a design that would adhere to this strict council guideline. This was achieved by diverting existing and new services around the proposed development. BG Civil was also involved in negotiations with neighbours to gain access to their properties when required.
DESCRIPTION OF CIVIL SYSTEM
BG Civil prepared and submitted all civil operational works requirements, and were heavily involved during the construction phase, providing crucial support and advice to contactors and liaising with local authority.
Civil items addressed include:
- Roadworks associated with carparking,
- Heavy rigid vehicle (HRV) turning movement check,
- Roadworks & drainage,
- Detailed design of Stormwater drainage,
- Detailed documentation of stormwater quality devices,
- Trunk water service,
- MUSIC modelling analysis,
- Erosion and sediment control,
- Detailed design of Retention tanks,
- Stormwater relocation,
- Internal trunk stormwater main.