Mt Petrie State School
Address: 950 Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Rd Mackenzie, QLD 4156 (Brisbane – A1)
Value: $13 million
Work Category: New Facility
Services Activity: Civil Engineering
Commission Type: Design, Documentation & Construction Services
Set on a 19,500m² development site, Mount Petrie State School and Mount Gravatt Special School combined to form Mt Petrie State School & Special School.
Civil works completed include:
- Preparation of the Site Based Stormwater Quality and Quantity Management Reports
- Preparation of an Overland Flow Report, remediating existing overland flow issues to properties along Delacroix Place
- Operational Works Drawings including Erosion & Sediment Control Program, Bulk Earthworks Plan & Sections, and Stormwater Drainage Plan
There were 3 significant factors that were considered throughout the design process. These included:
- The majority of site where Mt Petrie State School and Special School is now located was a green field site
- Australian Standard – Design for access and mobility, which outlines access requirements for people with disabilities
- The gradient of the natural terrain
BG Civil successfully set the site grades and levels, which positioned buildings, paths, ovals, playgrounds, roads and car parks at the correct height to account for localised overland flooding, whilst ensuring grades complied with Australian Standards, allowing access for all abilities.